Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cookbooks

I was just sitting here looking at my cookbook...and thinking, I love my cookbook! So, I thought I would just share with you. It ties in with organization, that's probably why I love it so much.

Several years ago, as in, when I only had three kids and alot more time, I was frustrated with having my favorite receipes in several different cookbooks. I couldn't remember what book each receipe was in. So, I bought a three ring binder, sheet protectors, and tab dividers with pockets. With my tab dividers, created the different sections you would find in a cookbook...appetizers, main dishes, etc. I then typed out my favorite receipes, as many as I could fit per page, placed them in the sheet protectors (which could be wiped off when I make a mess cooking), then put them in the binder. All my favorites in one binder! Awwww, glorious:)

Since then I have added to that binder (I recommend the big binders). It's alot easier now. I find receipes online, print them off, put them in the pockets of the tab dividers where they wait to be tried. If we like it, I put it in a sheet protector and then put it in the binder.

I do still have a few cookbooks I use in addition to my binder. Probably because I don't have the time to add them to my binder lol. Oh well, for now I remember where things are...sometimes.

How do you keep your receipes organized?

No comments: