Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Laundry

I just came across a post (can't remember which one) about how people do laundry. I was surprised...I had never considered that people do laundry differently. I guess that's because most of the people I know all do it the same way. So, I'll start by telling you how I do my laundry, and then the post I read.

Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday the kids take the hampers downstairs and I sort out all the clothes, wash them, dry them, fold them, and put them into piles for them to put away when they get home. It takes all day!!

Okay, now for what I read...this woman said that's how she used to do it. NOW, she does one hamper a day. Just throws all of it in the machine, no sorting! DONE!

My mother stressed the importance of sorting! All the time I've wasted with the sorting! Is that okay...can it really be that simple?!

So, I'm very curious...how do you do laundry?

3 comments:

Q and H said...

I sort out everything...warms white/colored...colds white/colors. I even do another load for all my towels. I do this twice a week. I too was told to ALWAYS sort my clothes, so I think I would have a hard time throwing it all together. I'm weird that way. :)
Heather

Anonymous said...

I sort all of my laundry and I am weird because I hang up almost all of my clothing even my sons underwear. I'm not sure why .... I think that is what my mom did so now that is what I do. Happy washing let us know if you try the no sorting thing.
Abby

Susan H. said...

I sort and wash on Tuesdays and it usually spills over into Wed. and maybe one last load on Thurs. to get it all done. I will combine items sometimes to get a load full, but I usually have plenty. I like to have "everything" clean for the weekend. I hang all the kids' shirts w/ the exception of their PJ's. (My mom never washed her dish towels w/ her bath towels b/c she didn't want anything that touched her butt to be mixed with what she uses on her dishes:-)! Now, I separate them most of the time too!)